Amanda P. Narvaes, a Partner, joined Drew Cooper & Anding in 2011. Ms. Narvaes is a civil litigator in the areas of complex commercial litigation, lender liability, copyright litigation, and consumer protection. She graduated cum laude from Carleton College with a bachelor’s degree in history. She earned her law degree at WMU-Thomas M. Cooley Law School, graduating magna cum laude, and received Cooley’s Distinguished Student Award.
Ms. Narvaes represents clients before Michigan trial courts across the state and in the Michigan Court of Appeals, and before the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern District of Michigan.
Ms. Narvaes has been a guest speaker in Ron Foster’s “Litigation for Paralegals” class. Ms. Narvaes discusses differences between Federal civil discovery rules and Michigan civil discovery rules.
Ms. Narvaes has volunteered her time to several nonprofits in the area, including the Tenant Law Project, Degage Ministries, and the Women’s Resource Center. Ms. Narvaes currently serves on the committee charged with planning the annual Women Lawyers vs. Judges Softball Game, which raises thousands of dollars every year for the YWCA West Central Michigan.
In her free time, Ms. Narvaes enjoys biking, hiking, and running, and spending time with her husband and two children.
- Ms. Narvaes represented homeowners in a quiet title action that resulted in the voiding of a second mortgage mistakenly placed on their home and was also able to recoup her clients’ costs and fees from the mortgage servicer.
- Ms. Narvaes has served as co-counsel in multiple copyright litigation cases which were favorably settled.
- Ms. Narvaes successfully settled a dispute over a non-compete agreement prior to the filing of a lawsuit.
- Ms. Narvaes served as co-counsel in the successful settlement of a contract dispute between Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive suppliers.
- Ms. Narvaes assisted Partner John Anding in successfully defending, at trial, a fortune 500 company.
Amanda Narvaes is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the State Bar of Michigan, the Federal Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. Ms. Narvaes currently serves as a Regional Representative to the Board of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan. She was President of the Board of Directors of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Western Region, for the 2015-2016 year. She served as Vice President of the Western Region during 2014-2015.
On May 19, 2016 Amanda was awarded an inaugural 3 in 10 Award at the Grand Rapids Bar Association Annual Meeting. Attorneys in their first 10 years of practice are nominated for achievements based on three categories:
- Outstanding Professional Achievement
- Exceptional Public Service or Pro-Bono Work
- Significant Contributions to the Legal Profession
In 2017, Ms. Narvaes was recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as an “Up and Coming Lawyer.”
Ms. Narvaes was named to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in 2019, 2020, and 2021.